Friday, October 12, 2007

dancing girls (updated!)

I was thinking about a job I used to have, where I sat in a carpeted cubicle, in a fluorescent lit-hallway, in a tall office building in midtown. My job was mind-numbing stuff like counting things and opening envelopes. The best way to get through the day was drinking lots of free powdered sugary beverages from the kitchenette and watching videos on launch.com in one corner of my screen, while typing on my spreadsheet or counting things or opening envelopes or whatever. My favorite then was Kylie Minogue, can't get you out of my mind. In honor of Kylie, and that summer, I have tried to collect here some of my all-time favorite dancing girls music videos. Sometimes a screen full of dancing girls can really cheer up a boring day.

Walk It Out ladies


Alizée!


Nancy Sinatra, These Boots Are Made for Walking
http://scopitones.blogs.com/scopitonescom/files/boots.mov


France Gall, Les Sucettes.
oh my god, this is weird.


another Scopitone: Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass, Bittersweet Samba

Ladytron, Seventeen


Kylie Minogue, Can't Get You Out of My Head


MIA, galang


Beyonce, Crazy in Love


Daft Bodies
as soon as I watched this I had to come back to my blog and replace the Francoise Hardy video (which didn't actually include any dancing) with this dancealicious creation.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Coordinators said...

LOVE IT!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home