Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Prisoner.

The Prisoner The Prisoner

Yesterday actor Patrick McGoohan died. He played Number Six on The Prisoner, an amazing 1960's fantasy spy show set on a beautiful fictional island where everyone wears stripes and pretty hats and pretends that everything is just marvelous even though it's really not. In every episode, the solitary Number Six makes a daring escape attempt, but he never succeeds. I'm not really a tv person but this show is one of my favorite things in the world. Some of my favorite memories from The Brooklyn Years are the nights we all gathered around the projector to watch The Prisoner episodes together.
Portmeirion
The Village The Village

Someday I will go visit Portmeirion, Wales, where the show was filmed. I'm also a big fan of The Prisoner's typeface, though I don't know what it's called.

The Village
AMC has recently posted all of The Prisoner episodes on their website to watch for free!!! and you can also check out The Prisoner fan club.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home